Friday, October 1, 2010

Jumping on the Chia Bandwagon

Everyone's been talking and blogging about chia seeds lately. They're the new "superfood". Chia seeds are much like flax seeds but you don't need to grind them in order for the nutrition to be released and they're super duper nutritious for you too. After reading I swear like 5 blog posts in a row from various people, I had to give them a try.
I bought a package from Island Naturals here in Nanaimo, a big bag of white chia for about $9. I first tried chia as a drink with cold water and lemon. It was alright... it's supposedly really hydrating.
Today I made chia pudding which is surprisingly really yummy! I found a recipe for chocolate chia pudding but I've been on a matcha kick lately I thought I'd try replacing the chocolate milk for matcha. I liked it and Parker liked it so I'm thinking we'll be makign this often!


Matcha Chia Pudding
3 tbls. chia seeds
1 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
1 tsp. matcha green tea powder
1 tsp. sweetener (optional, I used agave)
coconut flakes (the chocolate chia recipe I found suggested this on top but I didn't have any)

Whisk matcha and milk together until smooth, add sweetener. While mixing, add chia seeds. Let sit covered in fridge for about an hour. You may need to mix it periodically. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment