Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Three Crazy Love Filled Years

Three years ago today, my husband and I got married. I can't believe it's only been 3 years since so much has happened in that short time: like having two babies!

We went out for a fantastic dinner at The Mahle House tonight. Every Wednesday they do what they call "Adventerous Wednesdays" which is a 5 course meal that's Chef's choice. I'll make a seperate blog entry about the yummy food because it really does deserve it's own post. Plus I'm too full to do anything but veg on the sofa.

We decided to not go all out and buy each other big gifts as we can't afford it and we'd like to focus more on us and our relationship rather than the gifts. But we did do a little something gift wise: Dave got me a new wallet which I really needed and I made up a 50s style tie for him (think Mad Men). He's been wanting one forever but I couldnt' find one already made so I just took a cool looking ready made tie and made it narrower as 50s ties are. He likes it so I'm happy!

I was going through my emails tonight and was reading a folder I labelled "love" which has all of mine and Dave's first emails in it. *sigh*... Man, I was crazy about him from the get go!
We met through an online dating service so at first most of our emails were through the dating website but our first official email to each other was:

"Kim
I'll call you on sunday. Monday will be fun...I might watch Rain man to get some tips on" how to impress kim on a date" but maybe I'll just be me. Glad you feel better! Talk soon. Dave"


Reading this makes me laugh at the inside joke we had going from the beginning (Rain Man was in reference to a man I had gone out on a few dates with just before "meeting" Dave) and I remember all the butterflies I got everytime I'd talk to him, see him or even just email him.

No comments:

Post a Comment