Saturday, March 6, 2010

Meal Plan March 7-13

For the past two years, I've been making up a weekly meal plan to help cut the cost of our grocery bill. I've come to love meal planning for not only that reason but because it allows for more creativity with cooking. I hate staring into my fridge and cupboards and having no idea what to cook for dinner! Now I leisurely browse through my cookbooks (I *heart* cookbooks!!) looking for inspiration.

This week I decided to stick with one cookbook, The Eat Clean Diet Family and Kids Cookbook. http://www.amazon.ca/Eat-Clean-Diet-Family-Kids-Strategies/dp/1552100502. I love the Clean Eating magazine so was curious to try out the cookbook!

Here's our meal plan for the week:

Sunday: Molasses Baked Beans served over brown rice
Monday: Falafel with tzaziki and Cucumber and tomato salad
Tuesday: Chicken Bites with Oven Fries
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Eggs over black bean salsa
Friday: Friday Night Chili
Saturday: Soup (I have frozen leftover soup from the week previous)

As an extra from the cookbook, I'm making breakfast hermit cookies. They sound so yummy and maybe now Ally won't fight me on eating something before rushing out to catch the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment