Sunday, March 14, 2010

New beginnings (or returns of old habits?)

We watched Food, Inc. last week and it's convinced me even more than I already was that we have to start eating ethically. We eat a mostly (octo-lavo)vegetarian based diet except for 1 or 2 meals per week but our snacks choices are pretty bad. We reach for overprocessed junk most of the time. Heck, I've even been lured in by McD's more than I care to admit in the last year.
So now I'd like to get back to healthier and more ethical eating. After two nearly back to back pregnancies, moving twice to new cities and a marriage, I've gained. A lot. Now that I'm done with having more babies (at least for the next 3 years), and about to embark on a new adventure in my life (see next post!) it's time to get back into taking care of this momma! I always feel like I push myself and my needs to the back burner (I know I'm not the only one out there that does this!) but no more, I need to be healthier and happier for me. :)
I'm not making huge changes.. just baby steps that I know I can stick with. That I won't give up on when things get a little tough... a return to old habits I've lost along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment