1) Lay your square of kite paper on a white sheet of paper or other light surface. This makes it easier to see your fold lines.
2) Fold in half lengthwise and using your paring knife, cut the paper in two.
3) Fold along the length of the centre and open to leave a crease downt the middle.
4) Fold the corners in to the centre.
5) Repeat for both ends.
6) One one end, fold in the corners to make a long point.
7) Repeat until you have all 8 pieces completed. :)
8) Using a toothpick (or a glue stick) dab a tiny bit of glue as I've shown.
9) Lay another folded piece onto the glued piece, being careful to line up the edge of the top piece with the middle crease of the bottom piece. Also, make sure the points meet at the bottom.
10) Repeat until all folded pieces are used. When you get to the last piece, glue it down as usual but lift up the piece next and tuck under the last piece.
11) Voila! I like to stick it in a book for a few hours to help it lay flat.