Monday, January 26, 2009

Dinners This Week (Jan. 26- Feb 1)

In my quest to become an organized and "together" momma, I've started planning out my family's dinners for the week to come before I go grocery shopping. Can I just wonder aloud as to why I didn't do this earlier? My grocery bill has been cut by about $70 per week AND I no longer rely on delivery to feed my family! Hopefully if I get things together, I'll make a post each Monday so maybe I can inspire your family's dinner time menu! I know I need all the inspiration!

Monday: Malaysian Chicken and sweet potatoe stew over a bed of couscous (from Janet and Greta Podleski's Crazy Plates cookbook)

Tuesday: Veggie Curry (from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Slow Cooker Dinners)

Wednesday: Barley and Lentil Soup (http://www.soscuisine.com/?sos_l=en which is THE best menu planning website for Canadians!)

Thursday: Stand-by Pasta (so simple but my family LOVES this. I heat a tin of undrained diced tomatoes with a tablespoon of capers and some of the juice and add some oregano and garlic and crushed red chillies and pour over whole wheat rotini)

Friday: Homemade Pizza (I usually use naan bread with some olive oil, grilled veg, thyme and goat cheese and pine nuts) for Pizza and Movie night.

Saturday: leftover Barley and Lentil Soup

Sunday: my daughter's fave: Tuna Casserole

I write this all out on a dry erase board on my fridge so I never have to ask myself "what's for dinner?" ever again. And that, my friends, is bliss! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment