Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Neck Point Park

The little ones and I went for a walk through Neck Point Park today. I love going there, there's beaches to explore, forested trails and sunny trails to walk through and it's a short drive from my house. I brought the buggy today instead of wearing Sophie so we were a bit limited in where we went. But we managed to spend about 2 hours at the beaches and walking through the trails.

Parker loved collecting fallen leaves and he quickly filled up the basket of the buggy. We also saw lots of mushrooms, most of which (okay all) I had no clue as to what they were. Learning more about mushrooms and being able to identify what's edible and what's poisonous is something I'm really interested in. But like most things, I never seem to get around to actually doing it!

Here's some pictures of our day. If you can identify some of the mushrooms for me, please do!

 Parker and his giant leaf!


"more gross" as Parker calls it.


Sophie enjoying the beach.


Walking on the trail.




Throwing rocks.


Sophie and Parker sharing a seat on a log.


Weird, eh? I think it's called a false morrel or a brain mushroom.




Apparently these are not rolling stones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment