Tuesday, June 1, 2010

100 Things About Me

1) I'm 32 years old.
2) I have 3 children: a teenager, a toddler and a new baby.
3) I have been married for 2.5 years.
4) I met Dave on an online dating site just over 4 years ago.
5) I had my oldest daughter a few weeks before my 18th birthday.
6) The man I had my oldest with has not called her in almost 4 years, including birthdays or Chrismtas'.
7) I was raised by a single father and nannies.
8) I have two younger brothers.
9) My mother left when I was 5 (brothers were 4 and 8 months)
10) I don't talk to any of my family anymore.
11) I grew up in and around Winnipeg.
12) I moved to Vancouver Island when I was turning 15.
13) While I strongly support homebirth, I've never had one myself.
14) I was not able to find a midwife who would attend a homebirth for me.
15) I have hemorrhaged each time I gave birth.
16) If I have another child, I will have a homebirth regardless of if I find a midwife who will attend it or not.
17) My oldest attends public school and I think that's my biggest parenting regret.
18) I crave simplicity.
19) Chaos and "stuff" makes me feel boxed in and crazy.
20) I love to be creative.
21) I dream of owning property.
22) I want to build my own cob house.
23) I am currently living in a city that I said I would never live in.
24) While I still don't like the city and don't want to live in it forever, I'd be very happy to live just outside of it. Somewhere between Ladysmith and Nanoose please. :)
25) When Ally was 7, we drove through Canada and the US to live for a bit in Mexico.
26) I taught all core classes for grade 1 and 2 in english.
27) I was in way over my head as I have no idea how to teach!
28) I have two cats: Chancho and Stellar.
29) It's horribly mean but I hate Stellar and am looking forward to when he passes.
30) I have crooked pinky fingers.
31) So does Sophie.
32) I am married to my best friend.
33) I love being married.
34) I sometimes miss my old life though: hiking, camping, kayaking and travelling.
35) I'm working hard at reuniting the old me with the new me.
36) I have so many dreams and ideas but am too lazy to see them to fruition.
37) My life has been hugely impacted by people I've never met.
38) During my pregnancy with Sophie, I attended 2 funerals and should have attended one more. THeir ages were 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 3 years.
39) I think about those three little girls every single day even though I hadn't even met one of them.
40) I stopped vaccinating my children when Parker started having seizures hours after his 2 month shots.
41) I need to remind myself why I'm not vaccinating but don't have the time to re-research it all again.
42) I am a chocoholic.
43) I'm learning how to garden.
44) In my 32 years, I haven't had one decent hair cut. I'm plagued with horrid haircuts!
45) I'd like to do my wedding all over again.
46) I didn't enjoy my wedding at all.
47) My husband and I have yet to go on a "honeymoon".
48) I drive a mini-van even though I always said I never would.
49) I LOVE my mini-van!
50) I hate wearing socks.
51) My favourite sandwhich is a tomatoe, cucumber and cheese toasted sandwhich.
52) My house is never clean.
53) I really hate that i haven't found a cloth diaper solution for night time.
54) I think disposable diapers are dangerous and shouldn't be used.
55) I get way too stressed about little things.
56) I don't share alot of the same values as most of the people in my life.
57) It's hard to find friends who share the same values as I do.
58) I often don't fit in. Not mainstream enough, not crunchy enough, etc.
59) I choose not to vaccinate my children.
60) I enjoy menu planning.
61) I love saving my family money.
62) I want to learn to play guitar.
63) I hate Walmart.
64) But I shop there once or twice a month. :(
65) I'd like to stop that but my husband is a Walmart addict.
66) I love watching documentaries.
67) I dislike watching tv.
68) Since getting an iTouch, I've been spending waaaay too much time online.
69) We no longer own a crib. (well, technically we do as it hasn't made it to the recycling centre yet but it hasn't been used in forever and I can't see why we'd use one ever again)
70) I have been a licenced early childhood educator for almost 10 years.
71) The thought of returning to work and having my kids in childcare makes me sick to my stomach.
72) While I'd love to open up a nature based childcare centre, I think I'm going to put that on hold for a long while.
73) Instead, I'll help support my family by continuing to encapsulate placenta for new moms.
74) It angers me when people think you need to socialize babies and toddlers.
75) It angers me even more when those parents put their child into daycare not because they require childcare as they're working but because they feel the child needs to be around other babies.
76) I think parents who follow Babywise should be charged with child abuse.
77) I am so tired of hearing stories about how so many women claim they can't breastfeeding. It's possible that due to medical reasons a mother is unable but it's quite rare.
78) I think formula should be available by prescription only.
79) I'd have no problems nursing a child that wasn't mine.
80) I often wonder what made unnatural parenting the norm.
81) I love to daydream.
82) I love co-sleeping.
83) I don't so much like being headbutted in the middle of the night by my toddler.
84) I'd prefer it if my bed wasn't crammed with a toddler or baby the entire night.
85) I really should be organizing my sewing area right now.
86) But I'm not going to.
87) Instead I'm going to take a short nap with the little ones.
88) I have two tattoos.
89) I can't stand to have long nails, I always clip them short.
90) I had PPD after the birth of my son.
91) I fully believe that Sophie's placenta prevented PPD this time around.
92) I enjoy reading cookbooks.
93) I spend most of my online time reading blogs.
94) I read mostly craft, natural family, waldorf and local blogs.
95) I think I have a cloth diaper addiction.
96) Same with a baby carrier addiction.
97) I'd like to live abroad again with my family.
98) I want to start sewing mine and my children's clothes.
99) I think my toddler is the funniest person ever.
100) Thinking of 100 things about myself was not easy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment