Thursday, June 3, 2010

Healthy Popsicles

Even though I'm in my 30s I still love popsicles on a hot day and my kids are no different. But the store bought ones are full of sugars and artificial colours and flavours. Not to mention expensive! So I make my own and that gives me total control of what my children eat.

The base is often the same but I vary the fruit or veggies in it.

Usually it's yogurt, spinach, whatever berries I have on hand, either a banana or half an avacado, probiotic powder (1 tsp per popsicle), sometimes greens+, sometimes meusli and either water or 100% pure juice. Usually it doesn't need to be sweetened but if it does, I add a bit of honey or agave.

My kids LOVE these. Ally's usually surprised there was any vegetables or greens+ in there at all!

I'm always looking for different popsicle "recipes" so if you have any to share, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment