Friday, January 21, 2011

Remember Sophie's waldorf doll that I was making her for a Christmas gift? Yeah, well I never finished it. But.... I did finish it in time for her birthday tomorrow (yes, my baby will be one tomorrow!! *sniff*).
All I can say about making a waldorf doll is this: don't do it! It's so hard, especially because I foolishly expected it to look like the ones you see online or in waldorf shops. Next time (for Parker's birthday I think) I'll be buying a doll instead of making it again. I'll never complain again about the dolls costing up to $125 as well handmade ones from all natural materials are so worth it. :)

(I had a better picture but the server rejected it. I'll upload a better one later on... gotta go to Parker's dr's appt about whether or not he needs a cast!).

1 comment:

  1. now i think your doll turned out just adorable! you are right though, the money is worth what goes into the dolls, especially if you are working with an artisan dollmaker. though i enjoy making dolls, i have also purchased dolls from some incredible doll makers and have never regretted it. ;)

    ReplyDelete