Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sophie is 7 months old!

Well, she's 7 months and 3 days old. :) This picture is from a few weeks ago but I just love it, we were at Rathtrevor beach and she was having such a good time!

At 7 months (and 3 days), Sophie:
~ has two bottom teeth. (and she has a bottom and a top tooth juuuuust about to pop through as well)
~ army crawls everywhere. This girl is speedy!
~ has started pulling herself up to standing onto furniture.
~ lifts arms up to when she wants up.
~ has started eating solids. We offered her some pieces of food when she turned 6 months but she wasn't too interested so we held off. ABout two weeks ago she started actually eating what was being offered. No baby food here!
~ loves to sleep with mama. She's been nursing more frequently at night but since we cosleep, I can't tell you how many times actually and I don't feel too affected since her waking up only requires me latching her on before drifting back to sleep. Cosleeping and breastfeeding rocks!
~ is still not interested in napping independantly. Naps are hard around here. Uusally her morning nap is a struggle, she wants to sleep with me but Parker's still up so that doesn't work. Often I'll either wear her, take her out for a walk or drive or if she's really tired she'll fall asleep while I nurse her and I can lay her on the sofa for a short whle. The afternoon naps are much easier as she naps with her brother. Sometimes she'll nap for just 1/2 hour but once in a blue moon she'll nap for two hours.
~ is much more vocal. When she's sad she says "dada" or "mum" over and over again.
~ loves to play. She often growls at me when she's feeling playful. Funny little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment