Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Life has been a little blah lately and while it's easiest to wallow in my own misery (well, maybe not quite misery) I don't really want to. So instead I try to think of all the things I'm thankful, esp the simple things. After writing out a list of all my simple pleasures, it's hard to stay feeling blah.

  • Parker slept in his own bed all night long until 6:30. This is huge as he usually sneaks in our room about 1am and isn't the coziest to sleep with (he loves to head butt in his sleep).
  • A glass of half frozen milk with a splash of vanilla.
  • A few hours of snow, enough to play in before it melted.
  • After days of cloud, the sun peeked out for a very short while.
  • An organized playroom and kitchen.
  • My husband reaching over and rubbing my belly in the middle of the night.
  • Vanilla ice cream with fruit pieces and fruit juice on top.
  • Although I really needed a nap, I loved having peace and quiet to read a magazine while Parker napped today.

So it's not that many but even just these few pleasures made my day less blah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment